Saturday, October 25

"Bad Boys" VS "Mr Nice Guys"

There's a saying goes "Nice guys finish last". Sometimes I wonder if this quotation is really true. Apparently it is. I find this topic as very interesting actually.

"[According to McDaniel (2005), popular culture and dating advice "suggest that women claim they want a 'nice guy' because they believe that that is what is expected of them when, in reality, they want the so-called 'challenge' that comes with dating a not-so-nice guy."]"
-Extracted from Wikipedia.

The problem with being a "nice guy" is that, generally, woman don't find them attractive. This is especially they're at this age around 17, 18, 19, 20 and the early 20s.

At this age, do you think girls prefer "bad boys" who are confident, attractive, sexy, playful, talkative, funny and exciting rather than "nice guys" who are relatively shy, less talkative, doesn't joke much and more to a caring, sensitve and attentive kind?

In other words, those "bad boys" are more flirtatious and more aggressive towards their converations and interactions with girls, compared to the opposite party who're more conservative and more respectful towards girls.

Personally, I would say that the former wins- if the girls are looking more for a short term, "click straight away" kind of relationship.

There's a quotation cited as "girls just wanna have fun". Yeah, I mean, at this age, 18-19 years, which girl doesn't want to be constantly entertained by a humorous and funny boyfriend?

Another line from Wikipedia,
"Some women offered flattering interpretations of the nice guy, characterizing him as committed, caring, and respectful of women. The young immature majority, however, emphasized more negative aspects, considering the nice guy to be boring, lacking confidence, and unattractive."

It kinda sums up that these "bad boys" are more looking forward to short-term relationship without really thinking about their future, whereas the "nice guys" tends to be more loyal, more committed and would do his best to sustain a long term relationship.

Ironic to say "nice guys finish last", however, they don't always lose. At the end of the day, in the end, if both opposing guys are battling for a long term relationship, the "nice guys" tend to survive it better based on their general properties.

I'm not sure how true it is. However, statistically, sadly, AT THIS AGE, it's true that girls do prefer the "bad boys". I'm pretty sure some of you might disagree though, and this post might be controversial. You can argue all you like. However, these are facts. Nothing much to deny that. For me, personally, I'm [starting to] feel it's true.

Take note that I'm not pointing this to anyone or myself. This is just a general post without criticizing anyone, anyhow. However, if you would ask me whether I'm categorized as a "bad boy" or a "nice guy", judging by the traits and properties of both parties, I feel I'm more to the latter one.


...And I'm quite sure some of you might've heard people say "That's it! No more Mr Nice Guy!" because they're too frustrated by the way they're being treated.




For me, I would NOT say that...yet. (Not for now, though.
)

No comments:

Playlist